1. Monday’s WWE Raw saw WWE divas Paige and Emma take on The Bella Twins… in a match lasting just over 30 seconds.
Short matches on WWE television are very common, but the fact that the only divas match on a three-hour show got this amount of time has had people take to Twitter to protest the treatment of the WWE diva division.
3. #GiveDivasAChance became a trending topic on Twitter within minutes of the match finishing, with fans protesting the little airtime the WWE divas receive on WWE TV.
#GiveDivasAChance is still trending. KEEP TWEETING. #RespectTheDivas @WWE @TripleH @StephMcMahon @VinceMcMahon
— NeftWWE (@Neft)
“@JuanMRodz: The diva fan base at WWE Headquarters #GiveDivasAChance ” @WWE @TripleH @StephMcMahon
— A_Swiss_Fox (@Pierre Wrest)
It truly is time to #GiveDivasAChance . Don’t disrespect them time and time again. You’re better than this, @WWE !
— EncouragementD (@Dylan Andrew Bishop)
They need wrestle more than 5 secs come on #WWE #GiveDivasAChance
— SportsfanWalt23 (@SportsfanWalt23)
Waiting for WWE to #GiveDivasAChance #Raw
— the_lil_kane (@Lil Kane(Derrick))
These divas deserve to be respected just as much as the superstars #GiveDivasAChance
— rosieram451 (@#1DIVA)
#GiveDivasAChance because they can put on phenomenal matches too.
— femaleambrose (@tiffany.)
#GiveDivasAChance @WWE They’ve worked their asses off for years only to be disrespected and degraded. It’s not right.
— ReallyAndreaM (@:))
11. Fans also highlighted the extremes divas go through to entertain.
#GiveDivasAChance @TripleH @VinceMcMahon Blood,Sweat,Tears. Should be worth more than 20 seconds!!!!
— JadeCena (@JadeCena)
They take more risks than the entire WWE male roster combined. #GiveDivasAChance
— BellasNattie4vr (@Bellas = Life âœ¨âœ¨)
13. Support also came from WWE hall of famer, Mick Foley.
Glad to see #GiveDivasAChance is trending. I have long been a #DivasBeliever. #RAW
— realmickfoley (@Mick Foley)
14. And former ECW and WWE commentator, Joey Styles.
Because all of you keep asking…#GiveDivasAChance :)@BellaTwins @EmmaWWE @RealPaigeWWE @NatbyNature @NaomiWWE @AliciaFoxy @RealSummerWWE
— JoeyStyles (@Joey Styles)
15. UPDATE: WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon has since Tweeted about the campaign.
We hear you. Keep watching. #GiveDivasAChance
— VinceMcMahon (@Vince McMahon)