Step aside, soft pretzel, there’s a new crust in town!
1. Earlier today, Little Caesars made an EPIC announcement:
Our NEW Bacon-Wrapped Crust DEEP!DEEP! Dish Pizza will be available NATIONWIDE Monday, Feb. 23rd! http://t.co/ID2gRuK6gz
— littlecaesars (@Little Caesars)
2. A full three and a half feet of bacon will be used to wrap the pizza.
3. And there will be even more bacon sprinkled on top!
4. Here’s what else we know, as reported by USA Today:
â— The bacon-wrapped crust will only be available for a limited time, starting next Monday, Feb. 23.
â— It’s going to cost $12, which is quite a jump from the $5 hot-and-ready pizzas that made the chain famous.
â— A single slice of bacon-wrapped pizza will contain 23 grams of fat and 450 calories. For comparison, a slice of regular deep-dish pepperoni has 18 grams of fat and 390 calories.
5. Although it isn’t available for a few more days, people are justifiably freaking out on Twitter about the bacon-wrapped pizza.
BACON WRAPPED CRUST ON LITTLE CAESARS DEEP DISH PIZZA – I AM READY FOR THIS http://t.co/Qv4T4FxtTp
— CharlieM_19 (@Charlie)
Bacon wrapped pizza from little caesars. @A__Craig should we go wait in line now or…
— davecarls (@Cap’n Dave)
Everyone should be talking about @littlecaesars #bacon wrapped pizza. It’s as if it’s my birthday and Christmas.
— MKBlueRidge (@MacaroniKidBlueRidge)
Little Caesar’s is making a pizza with BACON WRAPPED CRUST! They will be using 3 and a half FEET of bacon to make it. Read my last tweet!!
— BrettJBarger (@Brett Barger)
Little Caesar’s has read my mind…bacon wrapped pizza.
— vanderWalters (@Chris vanderWalters)
Being a good friend and making sure everyone knows about bacon wrapped pizza crust. ITS HAPPENING
— savycoop128 (@Savannah Cooper)
Bacon. Wrapped. Crust.. @littlecaesars I love you guys.
— warden_hunter03 (@Hunter Warden)
13. Some are even citing the announcement as proof of a divine presence.
There is a GodðŸ™Œ “@13NewsNow: Little Caesars tries bacon-wrapped crust pizza http://t.co/xk6BT6t15o ”
— Derrell__ (@Bitch Bean)