1. John Wall got the second round of a relatively uneventful dunk contest popping Saturday night with this effort.
2. The crowd, and the Wizards’ creepy sex-burglar mascot, were psyched to see what the contest’s traditional one-on-one final round would have in store.
3. But then, for some reason involving…Sprite…something…(?), the Eastern Conference contestants got a trophy…then Wall got another trophy…and the contest was over.
4. Neither the crowd in New Orleans nor fans online seemed to understand what was going on, the anti-climactic situation best summed up by the reaction (from earlier in the night) of recording artist Cornell Haynes.
5. Format aside, at least Wall’s winning dunk was legit.
Read more: http://buzzfeed.com/bml/john-walls-nasty-reverse-wins-dunk-contest-held-under-inexpl